Simple idea: man jumps over car
- is it fake? (tens of shows on American TV attempted to answer this, thousands of youtube users tried to prove it was fake)
- can I do it? (tens of teenagers tried it despite Kobe saying you should not try it at home)
- can another VIP do it? (tens of responses to the video from other players)
- can he jump something even more dangerous? (Kobe jumps over snakes)
and then the story continues:
- did he really do THAT?
- can I do it?
- what else can he jump over?
That's the story of a viral pure and simple. For Nike.
Plus, in one of the TV shows the crew is heard discussing how they had gone and bought the sneakers the next day :-)
communication is essential to business making and it involves more than the ability to name your product, write a tag line or a press release. It's an intricate, rational and scalable effort and, let's face it, not anyone can do it.