communication is essential to business making and it involves more than the ability to name your product, write a tag line or a press release. It's an intricate, rational and scalable effort and, let's face it, not anyone can do it.

11/19/2007

Iasi follow-up

Being in Iasi confirmed some of the assumptions that underline most of my discourse when I meet clients. First that you cannot talk people into thinking that you are cool and that making something catchy does not start from you telling your agency to make something catchy but from you yourself wanting to make something special.

Claudiu told us something about his now famous Budai beer and what stayed with me was the simplicity of the fact that they had never planned this to be a viral. They simply did something they thought would be fun.

One other thing that I thought was marvelous was meeting two lovely ladies with an interesting idea/deed. You can find the idea here and while my innate rejection of crowded spaces makes me think that more advertising is not really necessary, only better advertising, I have to say that I can see the win-win in this combination.

One other thing that we were talking about was the need to get to doing instead of simply talking about stuff. I suffer from the realization that the older you get and the higher up the "agency ladder" the less you get to DO things and the more you get to TALK about how to do things. So hearing about people actually doing things was refreshing. Does anyone have anything they really want to DO?

No comments: