communication is essential to business making and it involves more than the ability to name your product, write a tag line or a press release. It's an intricate, rational and scalable effort and, let's face it, not anyone can do it.

4/30/2008

It's not in the BIG Idea!

For a while now I have been struggling with the concept of big idea and why that simply strikes me as a sorry excuse for messing up deadlines, bad marketing and lack of vision. I always seemed to think that it was more in how you did it than in what you did and somehow Jack White agrees with me :P

“Everything from your haircut to your clothes to the type of instrument you play to the melody of a song to the rhythm - they’re all tricks to get people to pay attention to the story, If you just stood up in a crowd and said your story - ‘I came home, and this girl I was dating wasn’t there, and I was wondering where she was’ - it’s not interesting, but give it a melody, give it a beat, build it all the way up to a haircut. Now people pay attention.”

No comments: